Monday 9 July 2012

Once Upon a Readthon: Day One

Once Upon a Read-a-Thon

This Readathon is hosted by Lori at Pure Imagination, Candace at Candace's Book Blog, and Angela at Reading Angel f. It runs from 12:01 AM on July 9 to 11:59 PM on July 11th.

Cover Mini Challenge!
Hosted by Bailey of IB Book Blogging

Question 1:What is your favourite cover that has been revealed this summer and why?
I have only just seen the Reached cover so I think it must be a recent reveal but I might be wrong!
Reached by Ally Condie- I love how it fits in so well with Matched and Crossed. On the Matched cover the girl was trapped inside of a ball, Crossed the girl is beginning to break out. Reached, the final book in the series, features the girl completely free of the ball- clever and beautiful!


Dreamless by Josephine Angelini- Again a cover that fits well with the previous book! I love the vivid colour and the continuation of the lightening theme. I can't say how well it fits with the series itself as Starcrossed is on my TBR list but this beautiful cover is bumping it up my list!


Question 2: Do you rely on the cover to help you choose whether you want to read a book or not?

If I'm browsing in a bookshop then yes an attractive cover will be the reason I pick up a radom book, this happened recently with Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi. I'm much less likely to pick up a book with a boring or ugly cover- for example the original blue and orange Hunger Games covers made me think they were 'boys' books so I didn't give them a second glance.
However if I'm browsing online I'll go on the books recommended on the Amazon page of a book I already love or check out what's popular in the blog world and see if I like the sound of it! I also have been known to buy the US version of books if I really dislike the UK cover. Still need to learn not to judge a book by it's cover!


Progress So Far




If you saw my goal post here you will see I completely deviated from my plan! This book snuck up on me and I'm loving it! It's hard to keep up with all the names and ages due to reading so quickly. I'm also being a good blogger and making review notes on it so I won't get confused when I write a review after the readathon. :)


Next- Who Knows!




Let me know what you think of the Reached and Dreamless covers!
Are you taking part in the Readathon? How are you doing so far?

Much Love!
Lettie
xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always read and reply to every comment and comment back!
Thank you for stopping by!