Saturday 8 September 2012

Sam Cruz's Infallible Guide To Getting Girls by Tellulah Darling

Why the hell can’t chicks be more like guys?
That question plagues high school senior Sam Cruz. Sam is perfectly happy being a player. He just wishes girls wouldn’t change the game from sex to relationships. It makes him look like an asshole. But when Sam’s best friend, Ally Klinger, gets dumped, she begs him to transform her into someone who can screw around then screw off. No risk of heartbreak that way. It’s Sam’s chance to create the perfect female AND cheer up his best friend. Armed with Sam’s Three Step Guide to Backseat Success, Ally gets the game better than Sam thought she would and before long, Sam has his wish: the female version of himself. Too bad it’s driving him nuts. Told from Sam’s and Ally's alternating POVs, Sam Cruz’s Infallible Guide to Getting Girls is a fast-paced romantic comedy that follows these teens as they navigate the minefield of sex, love, and friendship.


NetGalley find! I loved how realistic it was although I imagined the characters slightly older unintentionally.
It was fast paced, witty and funny!

What I loved:
  • Premise- A cleverly warped cliche! I loved that Sam and Ally took a very different route through the best friends cliche with a makeover designed for other guys followed by a much more realistic path with Friends with Benefits.
  • Ally- I loved how she really grew with the book. She initially jumped from her extreme environmental persona into the over the top sexy persona but she realised that neither was truly her! I liked that she realised this by herself! She ended the book much more confident in herself.
  • Sam- I liked how he was exactly who he said he was! He may have been a player but he never made promises or allusions he didn't intend to keep. I loved how he was so naive when it came to Ally and their changing relationship- it proved he wasn't just a heartless player after all.

What I didn't love as much:
  • Jeremy- Such a tool! He actually reminded me of a high school version of .... from Easy with his
  • Length- I would have loved more background on Sam' family and work life etc and more on Ally too! It could have been longer!
I really enjoyed this for what it was a quick fun read which wasn't as cliched as it seemed!

Any thoughts on Sam and Ally??
Let me know!
Much Love!
Lettie
Xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always read and reply to every comment and comment back!
Thank you for stopping by!