Friday 5 October 2012

6 Seconds of Life: Promo Blitz




 
Maura has just jumped.
Now she has precisely six seconds until she hits the water below her—just six more seconds until she is finally freed from her mundane and aimless existence. Freed of all of the regrets and disappointments that have haunted her throughout her nineteen years.
She just needs to be free.
But as she falls, the most pivotal points of her life start to replay like a movie in her head: her family falling apart, her first love, her first heartbreak, her first true friends, and her first betrayal. As she remembers these moments that brought her to this point, will she feel a sense of peace? Or will her death be her greatest regret?
 
6 Seconds of Life is a 'New Adult' book which will be touring this blog next month!
I think it sounds like an intriguing read in the same vein as Before I Fall by lauren Oliver and If I Stay by  Gayle Foreman!

Sneak Peek!
I think deep down, I’ve always known it was going to end this way. I was never
meant to live a long life. I accepted this fate a long time ago. I was just waiting for the
right moment.
I wanted to fall in love first.
I wanted to experience what it was like to have a real family first.
I wanted to know what it was like to be sincerely happy, even if it was short-lived.
I got all of those firsts.
And now I’m ready to move forward.
I inch my feet closer to the open sky. And closer. Until my naked toes are peeking
over the edge. The water cracks violently below me, begging for me to join in on all of
the fun.
Just a few more seconds before it’s all over.
Until I’m free.
I’m totally relaxed. This moment, it’s all mine. No one can take it away from me.
I close my eyes. The sounds of high heels clicking on the walkway and cameras
snapping and preserving memories and street musicians begging for spare change
surround me. I breathe in their music and let it be the soundtrack to the closing credits of
my life.
I raise my arms up to my side, reaching for the skies that surround me.
And I step into the air.
I’m flying now.
 
Will you be picking it up?
Let me know!
Much Love!
Lettie
Xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always read and reply to every comment and comment back!
Thank you for stopping by!