Saturday 13 October 2012

Easy by Tammara Webber

A girl who believes trust can be misplaced, promises are made to be broken, and loyalty is an illusion. A boy who believes truth is relative, lies can mask unbearable pain, and guilt is eternal. Will what they find in each other validate their conclusions, or disprove them all?

When Jacqueline follows her longtime boyfriend to the college of his choice, the last thing she expects is a breakup two months into sophomore year. After two weeks in shock, she wakes up to her new reality: she's single, attending a state university instead of a music conservatory, ignored by her former circle of friends, and failing a class for the first time in her life.
Leaving a party alone, Jacqueline is assaulted by her ex's frat brother. Rescued by a stranger who seems to be in the right place at the right time, she wants nothing more than to forget the attack and that night--but her saviour, Lucas, sits on the back row of her econ class, sketching in a notebook and staring at her. Her friends nominate him to be the perfect rebound.
When her attacker turns stalker, Jacqueline has a choice: crumple in defeat or learn to fight back. Lucas remains protective, but he's hiding secrets of his own. Suddenly appearances are everything, and knowing who to trust is anything but easy


Another book I've seen all over blogs and just had to pick up! The hype was right again I really enjoyed reading this!

What I loved:
  • Emails- I really loved  the way the emails between Landon and Jacqueline were included in the book! They were witty and flirty in a realistic way. They really added to the college feel of the book.
  • University setting- I loved how this was set at University! University based books are becoming more and more prevalent but I loved how this one incorporated friends from home, breaks from college and the Greek system.
  • Erin- I loved her so much she made it in to my Top Ten Minor Characters!She is the best kind of friend, loyal, funny and reliable.  I love her attitude towards what Buck did to Jacqueline- how supportive she was! I also loved her approach to self defence class- so much fun!
  • Realism- Jacqueline's reaction to the attack was so realistic, even though I was desperate for her to report Buck I could understand why she didn't want to.           I liked how the girls banded together, with the Sorority President making an emotive speech about supporting victims and standing up to would be rapists. I also found the fraternity reaction sadly realistic, no one likes to think they know a rapist. I loved the reiteration of it not being the victims fault. Despite the prominence of sexual abuse in the book it wasn't preachy and it didn't take away from the story.
  • Romance- I don't want to spoil the romance aspect but I loved it! It was sweet and passionate! I loved how they supported each other and how Lucas encourage Jacqueline to face up to her attack and learn to protect herself.
  • Side Characters- This book had so many well developed characters it's hard to pick out my favourites! I liked Benji, how he came out of nowhere and made a brilliant addition to Jacqueline's life. I loved his dismissal of the other students and the class banter he had with Jacqueline. I loved Dr. Heller, from his thoughtful decision to allow Jacqueline to make up her grade to his connection to Landon, such a generally good man! I liked Kennedy's brother, Carter, shame Kennedy wasn't more like him! I even liked Ray Maxfield despite the small glimpse we got of him. I could go on but I don't want to name every character!

What I didn't love as much:
  • Kennedy- He had a few redeeming qualities but he crossed a line! I disliked him after hearing how he let Jacqueline follow him to  College and then dumped her essentially to mess around in college before his anticipated political career! He redeemed himself a little at Thanksgiving and the way he believed Jacqueline no questions and went after Buck. However the fact he tried to prevent Jacqueline reporting it to the police is just awful! Typical politician :P
 


I have a lot of love for this book! Such a good message, great relationships between well written characters- deserves the hype!

 
What do you think of Easy?
Much Love!
Lettie
Xxx

*increased rating due to the fact I can not stop reading this one!*

2 comments:

  1. I really loved this book!! It had so much going on, and I loved the main character and the romance :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such a layered book!
      Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete

I always read and reply to every comment and comment back!
Thank you for stopping by!