Tuesday 27 November 2012

Crash by Nicole Williams



Southpointe High is the last place Lucy wanted to wind up her senior year of school. Right up until she stumbles into Jude Ryder, a guy whose name has become its own verb, and synonymous with trouble. He's got a rap sheet that runs longer than a senior thesis, has had his name sighed, shouted, and cursed by more women than Lucy dares to ask, and lives at the local boys home where disturbed seems to be the status quo for the residents. Lucy had a stable at best, quirky at worst, upbringing. She lives for wearing the satin down on her ballet shoes, has her sights set on Juilliard, and has been careful to keep trouble out of her life. Up until now.


Jude's everything she knows she needs to stay away from if she wants to separate her past from her future. Staying away, she's about to find out, is the only thing she's incapable of.
For Lucy Larson and Jude Ryder, love's about to become the thing that tears them apart.
 


I finally caved and brought this one! It lived up to all the hype and expectations!

What I loved:
  • Lucy- I loved her spirit and determination, she really believed in her own potential and didn't let her financial issues hold her back! I admired the way she didn't need this new school to accept her and how she accepted her life for what it was! She did annoy at times with her inability to read between the lines with Jude!
  • Jude-  I really liked Jude! His obsession with not being good enough for Lucy was annoying but understandable. I loved how he created different personas for himself so effortlessly and
  • Side cast- I loved this side cast, they were realistic and fun if not always that likable! Kind of like a real school!
  • Family-  I didn't love Lucy's family, I loved her Dad and I understood her Mum. Jude's family although important, weren't really 'seen'. I loved the slow reveal and twist involving the families, it was unexpected and clever!
What I didn't love as much:
  • Sawyer- He was so good at hiding how creepy and sly he was! I was suspicious of him from the start but I still underestimated him!
  • Background- I wanted more on Lucy before the move etc. and more on Jude in general! But I suppose that is what the sequel is for!
  • The Boys- Not sure if  their names were mentioned but I didn't want to reread that part! They were such awful, spiteful people for no reason!
  • Lack of Communication- Did Lucy and Jude not have mobiles? They could have phoned/texted? They didn't seem to communicate out of school time or prearranged meet ups!
I enjoyed this! It was realistic and full of misdirection. I've downloaded the sequel all ready!

Have you read Crash??
Much Love!
Lettie
Xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always read and reply to every comment and comment back!
Thank you for stopping by!