Wednesday 30 January 2013

Cover Comparisions! Under The Never Sky

Post which will feature book/reading related things I love!
This post is on Cover Comparisons!
Everyone judges covers! I thought I'd do a comparison on how international covers would have affected my judgement of certain books as covers differ so vastly between countries!
This post's book is Under The Never Sky by Veronica Rossi!

UK!

Judgement- I didn't like the cover of Under The Never Sky when I picked it up but it did stick out! The cover made me think it would be a sci-fi romance centric dystopia. I also assumed that it would be weaker in world building due to the romance focus..... I judged wrongly! When I thought sci-fi I thought space etc but it wasn't at all! The romance was a key part of the book but it was built in the background and the world building was fab!


USA!

Judgement- Not as eye catching!I would have assumed it was more dystopia and a lot less sci-fi. I would have thought it was more Hunger Games violence and solidarity whereas Aria and Perry are equal main characters!

France!
 
Judgement- I like this cover but looks a lot more like a sci-fi space story with a female lead! I would have thought Star Trek/Glow style setting and plot.

Germany!
Gebannt: Unter fremdem Himmel (Under the Never Sky, #1)

Judgement- Beautiful cover! It looks like a more nature based fantasy than a dystopia though!
Netherlands! 

Een wereld zonder hemel
Judgement-   The girl is kind of creepy and again I'm thinking Sci-Fi fantasy!

Spain!  
Bajo el cielo eterno (Bajo el cielo eterno, #1)
Judgement- Love this cover! It actually features Aria and Perry who are equally the lead characters, however it does look very wintry!

Final Judgement
I initially preferred the USA one but I slowly converted to the UK one as it was eye catching!
However then I saw the new UK one...
All it needs is both Aria and Perry on the front and it would be perfect!

Which is your favourite?
Which do you think represents Under The Never Sky best?
Much Love!
Lettie
Xxx

4 comments:

  1. Wow! I can't believe how many different covers there are :) Happy reading!

    Megan @ Megz Madd Readz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I googled it I didn't realise how different they would all be!
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. I'm a fan of the US version best. I like the graphic on the UK one better, I think, but the coloring throws me off too much--looks too much like a romantic novel. The US version conveys more ideas of power and journey for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what annoyed me with the UK cover and why I'm glad they rereleased it- the new one is much more genre appropriate :)
      I definitely think the US one is much more powerful!
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

I always read and reply to every comment and comment back!
Thank you for stopping by!