Friday 11 January 2013

The Edge of Never by J.A. Redmerski



The Edge of Never
Twenty-year-old Camryn Bennett had always been one to think out-of-the-box, who knew she wanted something more in life than following the same repetitive patterns and growing old with the same repetitive life story. And she thought that her life was going in the right direction until everything fell apart.
Determined not to dwell on the negative and push forward, Camryn is set to move in with her best friend and plans to start a new job. But after an unexpected night at the hottest club in downtown Raleigh, North Carolina, she makes the ultimate decision to leave the only life she’s ever known, far behind.
With a purse, a cell phone and a small bag with a few necessities, Camryn, with absolutely no direction or purpose boards a Greyhound bus alone and sets out to find herself. What she finds is a guy named Andrew Parrish, someone not so very different from her and who harbours his own dark secrets. But Camryn swore never to let down her walls again. And she vowed never to fall in love.
But with Andrew, Camryn finds herself doing a lot of things she never thought she’d do. He shows her what it’s really like to live out-of-the-box and to give in to her deepest, darkest desires. On their sporadic road-trip he becomes the centre of her exciting and daring new life, pulling love and lust and emotion out of her in ways she never imagined possible. But will Andrew’s dark secret push them inseparably together, or tear them completely apart?
 
This wasn't what I was expecting but I really loved it! I loved it so much I actually found it hard to figure out what I liked and what I didn't!
 
What I loved:
  • Andrew- I loved his attitude, his love of adventure and his approach to life. I especially loved the way his relationship with Camryn developed! I could write pages on how much I loved Andrew, he was my favourite but I don't want to spoil anything or waffle on!
  • Asher- He had little screen time but he seemed like such a sweetheart! I loved his role in the family. Great name, great character!
  • Plot- Great storyline! I liked how the beginning focused on Camryn and Andrew's  point of view was slowly filtered. I loved the road trip aspect which was so unplanned it was perfect. I liked the stops and how they progressed the story. I enjoyed trying to figure out Andrew's secret- and getting it wrong!
       
What I didn't love as much:
  • Blake- He didn't play a big role but I was convinced he was a date rapist so I spent the whole book waiting for him to be revealed! I was a little disappointed when he turned out to be just a nice guy!
  • Damon- What an awful guy! Such a typical bad boyfriend- I knew full well he was going to cause trouble! Glad he got his comeuppance.

I loved the characters, the plot and can not wait to sample some more of Redmerski's work! Warning though- this one is very hot!
 
Did you love it too?
Much Love!
Lettie
Xxx

5 comments:

  1. Thank you so much, Lettie, for taking part in my tour! Glad you enjoyed the book! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for review, I really want to read this book because my friends recomended this and your review it helps

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard so many great things about this book. Glad you liked it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm. May have to read after your five heart rating:) Thanks!!!

    cc_clubbs at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete

I always read and reply to every comment and comment back!
Thank you for stopping by!