Sometimes, you don’t get to choose who you fall for...
Lennon spends most of his time raising his little sister Currie while trying to skate through his senior year of high school. He prefers groupies with no-strings attached but finds himself strangely attracted to Jinx, the straight-A student in his choir. Lennon’s curiosity overrules his good sense as he tries to peel away the layers to discover the reason for Jinx’s skittishness.
Jinx conceals the black truth about herself from her friends. She won’t admit to them that she screwed up big time, losing her first love and what she once held most precious.
When Lennon’s band holds auditions to replace their keyboard player, Jinx comes to tryout and almost leaves after seeing Lennon. Despite the fact she despises him, she joins the band to nurture her love of music that will hopefully ease the guilt gnawing away at her.
Like the rest of his band mates, Jinx soon witnesses Lennon battling his infamous father for the custody of Currie. While confronting his pent-up anger at his dad, Lennon exposes vulnerabilities he had no intention of letting any girl ever see, especially Jinx. Their reckless pasts may bring them together or further complicate their already messy lives
What I loved:
- Lennon- I liked Lennon- he was such a good guy at heart! I loved how he was with his sister and Zoe, and how he remained as responsible as possible. I was with him on hating his parents- I probably would have held on to that hatred! I loved his principles and
- Zoe and Currie- I loved these two- so cute and grown up for little girls! I liked how involved Lennon and the band were with them and how the Novaks accepted Lennon and Currie :) Their whole friendship was very heartbreaking!
- The Band- The chemistry and the skill in the band was so detailed! I loved Clive despite his British slang being very off! He was so charming and so good with Zoe. Danny was very fun and much more dedicated to the commercialising the band. I even liked Susan, for a band girlfriend she was nice and not completely crazy!
- Rena- Rena was Jinx's best friend and she was so good to her! Rena seemed to know that what Jinx needed when she needed it and provided shelter when she needed it. I am so intrigued to know more about her though, like the story with her ex etc.
What I didn't love as much:
- Ending- I didn't really like led up to the end. It was kind of anticlimactic and a lot seemed to happen at once! Although I have read Lennon's Jinx is part of a series so that might explain it!
- Parents- Lennon's parents were absolutely awful! In a way his Dad was far worse as he left them completely! If I was Lennon I would have taken custody and kicked Heather out! Jinx's mum was a bad parent as well- she allowed her new husband's accusations of Jinx smoking weed to cloud her judgement of her own child!
Have you read Lennon's Jinx?