Tuesday 12 March 2013

Top Ten Tuesday- Spring TBR List!


Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by: The Broke and the Bookish.
This week's topic: Top Ten Books On My Spring 2013 TBR list!
 
It's not very spring like here in the UK atm- I got snowed on yesterday! However it is time for my Spring TBR list! So excited for all the new releases.
 
The Elite by Kiera Cass
In America Singer’s world, a bride is chosen for the prince through an elaborate televised competition. In the second book of the Selection series, America is one of only six girls left in the running. But is it Prince Maxon—and life as the queen—she wants? Or is it Aspen, her first love?
Status: To Be Published 23rd April 2013
I love The Selection and cannot wait to read The Elite!
 
Reckless by S.C Stephens
Can love survive when life gets Reckless?
When the band hits it big, Kiera and Kellan must ask themselves: Can their love for each other survive the constant pressures of superstardom? The friendships they've formed, the new family they've found, and the history they've forged will all play a part in helping them navigate the turbulent waters of the band's exploding popularity. A greedy executive hell-bent on success, a declining pop star looking for an edge, and a media circus that twists lies into truths are just some of the obstacles the lovers will have to overcome if they are going to remain together. Fame comes with a price-but will it cost Kiera and Kellan everything?
Status: To Be Published April 2013....
I have loved this series for years!- so sad it's been delayed in the UK! I've already reserved it at my library so I'm ready whenever it finally arrives!

 
Crush by Nicole Williams
A football fantasy. A giant diamond. The modern-day Romeo and Juliet are taking their relationship to the next level. . . .
Jude and Lucy are happily engaged, but that doesn't mean life's a bed of roses.
Once again, the hottest couple around is torn apart, this time by football training and a summer job. Now it's Jude with the trust issues.
Will Lucy's life-changing news bring them back together or end their relationship for good? Can love triumph forever?

Status: To Be Published 23rd April 2013!
I really enjoy the intensity of Lucy and Jude in Crash and Clash- not keen on the cover change though! Lucky I have them as ebooks :)

 
Wrecked by Alyssa Rose Ivy.
When your past catches up, it's time to stop running.
Jake Mathews messed up yet again— but this time his misstep lands him in the hospital. He wakes up to find the girl of his dreams and the memory of having his deepest secret revealed.
Emily Taylor needs a break. She's been working double shifts as a nurse just to pay the bills while trying to heal a broken heart. The last thing she needs is to fall for a patient.
Strapped with community service and the knowledge that he's disappointed everyone in his life, Jake is determined not to let Emily slip through his fingers. Emily wants Jake, but can she really open herself up to heartache again?
Status: To Be Published April 2013....
I've been awaiting this release since my Clayton Falls day in December!
 
Abbi Glines
I know a sequel to While It Lasts was planned for a Spring release which would automatically be on my TBR! I'm also intrigued by Twisted Perfection which sounds like I'd love it! Either way Abbi is on my TBR!
 
Crossing The Line by Katie McGarry
Lila McCormick, Echo's best friend from Pushing the Limits, first met Lincoln Turner when tragedy struck both their lives. But she never expected their surprise encounter would lead to two years of exchanging letters—or that she’d fall for the boy she’s only seen once. Their relationship is a secret, but Lila feels closer to Lincoln than anyone else. Until she finds out that he lied to her about the one thing she depended on him for the most.
Hurting Lila is the last thing Lincoln wanted. For two years, her letters have been the only thing getting him through the day. Admitting his feelings would cross a line he’s never dared breach before. But Lincoln will do whatever it takes to fix his mistakes, earn Lila’s forgiveness—and finally win a chance to be with the girl he loves.
Status: To Be Published 1st April 2013!
I really like Katie McGarry's writing style and I loved Lila in Pushing the Limits so I'm pleased she gets her own novella!
 

Daughter of The Flames by Zoe Marriott
What if your deadliest enemy were the only one who could save you?
Inside an ancient temple in the mountains, fifteen-year-old Zira trains in the martial arts to become a warrior priestess who can defend the faith of the Ruan people. Bearing a scar on her face from the fire that killed her parents, the orphaned Zira is taught to distrust the occupying Sedornes. Terror strikes when the forces of the tyrannical Sedorne king destroy the only home she knows. To survive, Zira must unravel the secrets of her identity, decide her people’s fate — and accept her growing feelings for a man who should be her enemy.
Status: Pride of place on my bookshelf for too long!
I just need to pick this one up!

 
The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin.
Mara Dyer doesn’t think life can get any stranger than waking up in a hospital with no memory of how she got there.
It can.
She believes there must be more to the accident she can’t remember that killed her friends and left her mysteriously unharmed.
There is.
She doesn’t believe that after everything she’s been through, she can fall in love.
She’s wrong.

Status: Added to my Bookshelf in January!
I've been desperate to read this one and now the second book is available!
 
Invisibility by Andrea Cremer and David Levithan.
Stephen has been invisible for practically his whole life — because of a curse his grandfather, a powerful cursecaster, bestowed on Stephen’s mother before Stephen was born. So when Elizabeth moves to Stephen’s NYC apartment building from Minnesota, no one is more surprised than he is that she can see him. A budding romance ensues, and when Stephen confides in Elizabeth about his predicament, the two of them decide to dive headfirst into the secret world of cursecasters and spellseekers to figure out a way to break the curse. But things don’t go as planned, especially when Stephen’s grandfather arrives in town, taking his anger out on everyone he sees. In the end, Elizabeth and Stephen must decide how big of a sacrifice they’re willing to make for Stephen to become visible — because the answer could mean the difference between life and death. At least for Elizabeth.
Status: 7th May 2013!
I've had this on my TBR list for ages- looking forward to this one!
 
ArchEnemy by Frank Beddor
 
 Imagine this...
The power of imagination has been lost!
Now it's all about the artillery as AD52s, crystal shooters, spikejack tumblers, and orb cannons are unleashed in a war of weapons and brute force.
As Alyss searches wildly for the solution to the disaster that has engulfed her queendom, Arch declares himself King of Wonderland. The moment is desperate enough for Alyss to travel back to London for answers, where Arch's assassins are threatening Alice Liddell and her family. But after coming to the Liddells' assistance, Alyss discovers herself trapped in a conundrum of evaporating puddles. The shimmering portals that exist to transport her home through the Pool of Tears are disappearing!
What is happening in Wonderland? Deep within the Valley of Mushroom the Caterpillar Oracles issue this prophecy: "Action shall be taken to ensure the safety of the Heart Crystal. For Everqueen." But who is Everqueen?
Status: Borrowed from a friend!
I enjoy the Looking Glass Wars but I always need a nudge to pick up the next book!
 
Excited for any of these?
What's on your Spring TBR?
Much Love!
Lettie
Xxx



 

10 comments:

  1. Oh yeah, I am so excited for Crossing the Line. I absolutely loved Pushing the Limits. I also can't wait to read Dare You To. Katie McGarry is awesome!!

    Happy Spring Reading :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Katie McGarry is awesome!
      I loved Dare You To :)
      Thanks for stopping by,

      Delete
  2. I am excited about Dare You To! I will also be checking out Invisibility. I keep meaning to give the Looking Glass Wars a try. Enjoy your spring reading! http://wp.me/pzUn5-1rG

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looking Glass Wars is a great and imaginative series- really recommend it!
      Thanks for stopping by,

      Delete
  3. I hated The Selection, but strangely, I really want to read The Elite. Hope you get to read these soon!

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved it! It was a bit of a cliff hanger ending!
      Thanks for stopping by,

      Delete
  4. Ooh, all of these are new to me, so I'll have to check them out. I love the cover for Daughter of the Flames!

    Tanya Patrice
    Girlxoxo.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love finding new books! All of Zoe Marriott's books have gorgeous covers!
      Thanks for stopping by,

      Delete
  5. The Elite and Crossing the Line are excellent choices! I'm excited for them as well. I loved The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer so I hope you do too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are so many good follow ups coming out this spring!
      I've heard great things about it so I'm glad you love it too!
      Thanks for stopping by,

      Delete

I always read and reply to every comment and comment back!
Thank you for stopping by!