Tuesday 9 July 2013

Behind the Cover~ Stripped by Brooklyn Skye.


College freshman Quinn Montgomery will do anything to avoid the mistake her sister made—killing herself over a boy. But when she is forced into nude modelling at a local college to support her family after a bankruptcy, she begins to crack, just enough to let Torrin, the university’s top varsity oarsman, see that the real Quinn is not as feisty and unapproachable as she wants everyone to think. But letting someone in comes at a steep cost and, it turns out, Torrin is connected to Quinn’s family in more ways than she could ever imagine.

I love Stripped, I reviewed it back in May! So today I'm excited to have Brooklyn Skye for a Behind the Cover post!

***STRIPPED Cover Photo Shoot: Behind the Scenes***
Hi! Thanks for having me! Sometimes people don’t realize what goes in to making a book cover, so I wanted to share with you a look into making mine. This is my cover designer:
 
Her name is Lisa of Lisa Poff Photography
and this picture doesn’t do her any justice (she’s beautiful!). Anyway, when I originally sat down with her to brainstorm what type of cover I was looking for, I mentioned the owl necklace needed to be featured and possibly the hands. She didn’t say much—to which point I was thinking (crap!) maybe she didn’t quite grasp the concept I was going for. Turns out I worried for nothing because a few days later she sent me these proofs:
 
 

Amazing, right? Once we decided on the proof, she got to work making it absolutely fabulous. Below is the editing timeline of the proof we choose, from raw picture to edited to cover:


I can’t tell you what an amazing experience it has been working with Lisa. And I hope you guys love the cover as much as I do!

Wow! I love this process and Stripped has the most beautiful cover!
 
What do you like best about the cover? I love the owl necklace detail.
Much Love!
Lettie
Xxx

1 comment:

  1. Great guest post by Brooklyn. I love the necklace and the other pic with the model sitting down and emphasizing more on the necklace.

    Thanks for participating :)

    ReplyDelete

I always read and reply to every comment and comment back!
Thank you for stopping by!