Thursday 15 August 2013

New Adult Week Mini Reviews Part 2!

Mini reviews~ Sometimes I love a book but I just can't do a full review or I just back log reviews!

This edition is books I should of reviewed ages ago!
 
  The Coincidence of Callie and Kayden.
There are those who don’t get luck handed to them on a shiny platter, who end up in the wrong place at the wrong time, who don’t get saved.
Luck was not on Callie’s side the day of her twelfth birthday when everything was stolen from her. After it’s all over, she locks up her feelings and vows never to tell anyone what happened. Six years later her painful past consumes her life and most days it’s a struggle just to breathe.
For as long as Kayden can remember, suffering in silence was the only way to survive life. As long as he did what he was told, everything was okay. One night, after making a terrible mistake, it seems like his life might be over. Luck was on his side, though, when Callie coincidentally is in the right place at the right time and saves him.
Now he can’t stop thinking about the girl he saw at school, but never really knew. When he ends up at the same college as Callie, he does everything he can to try to get to know her. But Callie is reserved and closed off. The more he tries to be part of her life, the more he realizes Callie might need to be saved.

After Ella and Micha I was excited to read more of Jessica Sorensen-
Thoughts
The Coincidence of Callie and Kayden has such a unique plot, I liked that they were trying to save each other. Callie and Kayden were two very broken people although Kayden seemed to have hidden it better than Callie. I couldn't believe their families! Kayden's family must have been aware of how volatile the Dad was, his Mum seemed quite pathetic and his brothers didn't seem to think twice about leaving Kayden behind. Callie's brother seemed to lack any empathy and was apparently aware of how horrible Caleb was. No wonder Kayden and Callie ended up as two very broken people!
I loved Seth and Luke. Luke really intrigued me, he was such a good support to Kayden but definitely had his own background which is why he's getting his own story! I loved Seth! I guessed he would be gay as it explained how he got so close to Callie. I really liked how he dealt with Callie so gently but still pushed her out of her shell! I think Luke and Seth made an amazing team for Callie and Kayden.

I loved the uniqueness of the plot and the strength of the characters but I did not enjoy the cliff hanger end!
 
Just For Now
 
Set in the steamy coastal Alabama town of Sea Breeze, an interconnected group of older teens hook up, break up . . . and much, much more.
Preston is one bad boy. And Amanda has harboured a crush on him for forever. When she finally makes her move on him, it does not end well. But still, she can't resist him. Especially now that he seems to be pursuing her, too.
No one wants them to be together. Not Amanda's brother, Marcus, who is on the verge of his marriage to Low, and definitely not any of Preston's buddies. They know way too much about Preston's dark side. Yet the dangerous attraction is there ... and neither Preston nor Amanda are going to deny it.
 

I love the Sea Breeze series so I downloaded and read it straight off the bat way back in November.
 
What I Loved:
Preston- I really liked Preston! I liked him in the other books so I was excited to read his story. He had such a good heart and good intentions! I admired how he dealt with his family situation and how he treated Amanda so well. I don't want to spoil his secret so I will leave it at that!
Jason- When I first heard the next Sea Breeze book would be about Jason I wasn't too interested as I hadn't read Breathe so Jason was an unknown! However I really enjoyed him in Just for Now, I loved how sweet he was and I am so intrigued by his shadow life!
Bromances- Preston was lucky to have such  a good group of friends but the bromances between him and Marcus and him and Rock were so good to read. Although Marcus didn't support Preston and Amanda to begin with he did remain loyal to Preston and knew him well enough to grow to trust him. Rock and Preston was an unexpected bromance, I think even Preston was surprised at how well Rock knew him and his apparent secrets! I loved how Rock went out of the way to help Preston in so many ways, he really helped Preston turn his life around. Both Marcus and Rock were such big parts of Preston's life, he was lucky to have them!
 Marcus and Low- I was so pleased to see more of them and hear how they were getting on!

What I Didn't Love as Much:
Amanda- I think she's the reason I didn't love this one as much as the rest of the series. I just didn't connect with her like I did with Low and Eva. She was just a bit bland to me!
Parents-Preston's mother was obviously just a very mean person! Amanda's Mum was highly judgemental for someone in her situation.

I loved the side cast and Preston just not an Amanda fan!
 
Have read either of these? Or the rest of the series?
Much Love!
Lettie.
Xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always read and reply to every comment and comment back!
Thank you for stopping by!